The protection of your personal data is very important to us. Therefore, we will process your data solely on the basis of the statutory provisions. In this data protection information, we inform you of the most important aspects of data processing in the context of our website.
1 Name and contact details of the data controller and the company data protection officer
This data protection information applies to the processing of data by:
Data controller: Northland Deutsche Bucht GmbH, Neuer Wall 88, 20354 Hamburg, E-mail: email@example.com, Telephone: +49 (0)40 – 28 80 47 28, represented by Mr Florian Würtz.
The company data protection officer for Northland Deutsche Bucht GmbH can be contacted at the above address for the attention of Data Protection, or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
a) When you visit this website
When you access our website at www.owf-deutsche-bucht.de, information is automatically sent from your browser to the web server. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is then collected without any action on your part and stored until automatic deletion:
- your device’s IP address at the time of the request,
- the date and time of access
- the name and URL of the requested file
- the website from which our site was accessed (referrer URL)
- the time zone difference from Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- the specific page visited
- the access status/HTTP status code,
- the respective data volume transferred
- your operating system and its user interface
- the language and version of your browser software
- the name of your access provider
The above-mentioned data is processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure a problem-free connection to our website
- to make browsing more comfortable
- to confirm system security and stability
- for further administrative purposes
The legal basis for the processing of your data is Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Our legitimate interest is based on the purposes listed above. We do not under any circumstances use the data collected for the purpose of drawing conclusions about your person.
In addition to the above-mentioned data, cookies are stored on your computer when you use our website. Cookies are small text files that are assigned to your browser to enable certain information to be sent by us, and are stored on your hard disk at the time you first access our website. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They serve to make the website more efficient and user-friendly.
For more information about cookies, see point 5.
b) When subscribing to our press distribution list
Insofar as you have expressly consented in accordance with Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR, we use your name (first and last name), your e-mail address and your information to include you in our press distribution list and to send you regular information on our company and our offshore wind farm via press releases. In order to receive our press releases, it is sufficient to provide your first and last name and a valid e-mail address.
You can unsubscribe at any time, by e-mailing email@example.com.
c) Contacting us
If you contact us by e-mail, the data communicated by you (your e-mail address and if necessary your first and last name and phone number) are stored by us in order to answer your questions. We delete the data generated in this context after storage is no longer required and restrict the processing if statutory retention obligations exist.
Data processing upon contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR on the basis of your voluntary consent.
d) Social media
We do not use any social media plug-ins on our website.
3 Disclosure of data
Your data will not be disclosed to third parties for purposes other than those stated in the following.
We will only disclose your personal data to a third party if:
- you have expressly consented to this in accordance with Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure is required in accordance with Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims and there is no reason to believe that you have an overriding legitimate interest in the omission of the disclosure of your data
- in the event that a legal obligation exists for disclosure, in accordance with Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. c GDPR
- disclosure is legally permissible and required in accordance with Art. 6(1) sentence 1 lit. b GDPR for the handling of a contractual relationship
Our website server’s physical location is at a data centre in Dulles, Virginia, United States of America. Transmission is carried out on the basis of the EU-US Privacy Shield. We maintain an order processing contract with the service provider in accordance with Art. 28, 29 GDPR.
Information that arises in relation to your device is stored in the cookie. This does not result in direct knowledge of your identity.
The data processed by cookies are required for these stated purposes in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6(1) 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or so that you are always notified before a new cookie is installed. The complete deactivation of cookies on your end may mean that you will not be able to use all features on our website.
Firefox: Information can be found at https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
b) Internet Explorer: Information can be found at https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
c) Google Chrome: Information can be found at https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?co=GENIE.Platform&hl=en
6 Rights of data subjects
You are granted the following rights in respect to your relevant personal data:
- Right to information in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR: You may request information about any personal data that has been processed by us. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or is currently disclosed, the planned storage duration, the right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection; the right to lodge a complaint; the origin of your data, insofar as it was not collected by us; as well as the right to automated decision-making including profiling and, if necessary, meaningful information on the details of anything listed here.
- Right to correction in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR: You can immediately request the correction of incorrect data or completion of any personal data stored by us.
- Right of deletion in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR: You can request deletion of any personal data stored with us if processing is not necessary. Processing is considered necessary in cases of public interest, fulfilling legal obligations, and asserting, exercising, or defending legal claims.
Right to restriction of processing in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR: You may request that processing of your personal data be restricted.
- Right to data portability in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR: You will receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or request the transmission of your data to another controller.
- Right to object to processing in accordance with Art. 7(3) GDPR: You can revoke your consent at any time by notifying us. This may mean that we cease data processing in future based on this information.
- Right to lodge a complaint in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR: It is your right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In general, you may do so with the supervisory authority for your place of residence, workplace or with the supervisory authority of our corporate headquarters.
7 Right of objection
Insofar as your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6(1) sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR to the extent that reasons exist arising from your specific situation or if the objection is to direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection which will be implemented by us without statement of a specific situation.
If you wish to exercise your right of withdrawal or your right of objection, an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org shall suffice.
8 Data security
Within a website visit, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. The standard is 256-bit encryption, but if your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can see whether an individual page of our website is transmitted as encrypted from the closed representation of the key or padlock icon in the lower status bar of your browser.
As well, we use the appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological development.
9 Updating and modification of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement is currently valid and was last revised in November 2018.
Further development of our website and offers or new legal and regulatory requirements may make it necessary to amend this privacy statement. You can retrieve and print the current privacy statement from our website under the Data Protection heading at any time.